Några intressanta fakta och trender som har att göra med hur ny teknik påverkar vårt beteende och våra förväntningar. Från Pew Internet & American Life Project:
Interesting facts and trends in regards to how new technology affects our behavior and expectations. From the Pew Internet & American Life Project:
1. We spend more time using media than working.
On a typical day the average American spends more time using media devices - television, radio, iPods and cell phones - than any other acivity while awake. About 30% of the waking day is spent with media as the sole activity, compared to 21% spent on work activity, while an additional 39% of the day is spent with media while involved in some other activity.
2. The tools are no longer place-bound.
30% of online Americans jack into the internet wirelessly and 45% of internet users go online from someplace other than work or home. 55% of adults and 43% of teens own digital cameras. 20% of adults and 47% of teens own mp3 players.
3. Use of the internet has become the norm.
The top five uses for the internet are email (89% of internet users), get info about movies and TV (84%), play online games (81%), get news (76%) and use instant messaging (75%).
4. We have become a culture of multi-taskers.
The last time they were watching TV 57% of the people in the Pew survey talked on the phone at the same time, 43% read a newspaper and 20% used the internet. Not surprisingly, we multi-task the most when we use passive media such as TV and radio, whereas the internet seems to be the most "focused" medium; only 18% talked on the phone the last time they were using the internet, 17% watched TV and a mere 2% read a newspaper.
5. The rise of two-way technologies has enabled Americans to become their own publishers and media producers.
33% of online teens share their creations online, such as artwork, photos, stories or videos, 22% have their own webpage and 19% run a blog.
1. We ways we access media and information has fractured the media universe into many more niches.
2. As people gain experience online they become more serious in the things they do online, both in relation to work and to major life moments.
3. Thanks to the vast stores of material on the internet and the ubiquity of email, instant messaging, and cell phones, people now have very different expectations about the availability of people and data in the "real" world.
4. There is no longer any difference between producers and consumers. People do both.
Read more here.
Som vanligt gäller den här undersökningen USA. Motsvarande för Sverige, någon?